2017: Obituary - SJ (Jim) Morrison, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Volume 180, Issue 1 pp 348-350
2017: Discussion: "Bayesian Reliability - combining information" Quality Engineering, Volume 29, Number 1, pp 130-136.
2015: A. Saxena, T Davis, J.Jones A Failure Mode Avoidance Approach to Reliability - 2015 IEEE Reliability and Maintainability symposium - proceedings
Church, T Davis, H Glover, S Lewis R Poppleton, H Rees "Factors which may affect malnutrition in Stroke Sufferers within a Hospital Setting" - submitted to the journal Stroke
- 2014: W Shen, T Davis, D Lin, & C Nachtsheim. "Dimensional analysis and its applications in statistics". Journal of Quality Technology, Vol 46 No.3 pp 185-198.
- 2013: TP Davis. "Dimensional analysis in statistical engineering". Technomterics, Vol55. (Click here for a longer version of this paper, which has also been uploaded to arXiv.org)
- 2011: DD Frey & TP Davis. “FMEA – Failure Mode & Effect Avoidance”. In preparation.
- 2008: TP Davis, A Moynihan, TJ Sparrow, RR Morrison, and G Stork. “Method of time-in-service reliability concern resolution”, U.S. Patent # 7,359,832 B2.
- 2008: Krivtsov, VV , IM Kolmanovsky and TP Davis. “A constrained quadratic spline as a model for the cumulative hazard function”, Int. J. Reliability and Safety, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.170-178. Download a pre-print here.
- 2006: TP Davis. “Symmetry in engineering”. Unpublished.
- 2006: DP Clausing, TP Davis, and DD Frey. “System Reliability”. Unpublished.
- 2006: TP Davis. “Science, engineering, and statistics”. Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, Vol. 22, Issue 5-6, pp401-430. Download the longer (unpublished) version here.
- 2004: TP Davis. “Measuring robustness as a parameter in a transfer function”. In Reliability and Robust Design in Automotive Engineering, ISBN Number: 0-7680-1380-1, Society of Automotive Engineers, Detroit, MI, USA
- 2004: TP Davis and J Champkin. "Driving out failure", Significance, Vol 2, #3, pp77-80.
- 2003: TP Davis. “Reliability improvement in automotive engineering”. In Global Vehicle Reliability - Prediction and Optimization Techniques, edited by JE Strutt and PL Hall. Professional Engineering Publications, IMechE, London.
- 2002: Krivtsov, VV, Tananko, DE, and Davis, TP. “A regression approach to tire reliability analysis”, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, volume 78, number 3, pp 267-273.
- 2002: Krivtsov, VV, Tananko, DE., and Davis, TP. (2002), “Application of Proportional Hazard Model to Tire Design Analysis”, in Statistical and Analytical Methods in Automotive Engineering, Professional Engineering Publishing, Inc., pp. 237-244.
- 2000: AJ Lawrance & TP Davis. "Engine Mapping : A Two-Stage Regression Approach Based on Spark Sweeps." In Statistics for Engine Optimization, edited by S Edwards, HP Wynn and DM Grove, Professional Engineering Publishing, IMechE, London.
- 1999: R Parry-Jones, (with TP Davis, G Green). Engineering for corporate success in the new millennium. Royal Academy of Engineering. ISBN 1 871634 83 0.
- 1999: TP Davis. "A simple method for estimating the joint failure time and failure mileage distribution from automobile warranty data." Ford Technical Journal Vol. 2, #6.
- 1998: TP Davis. "The fallacy of reliability prediction in automotive engineering". Automotive Excellence, Spring 1998, pages 19-21, The American Society for Quality. (See also follow up correspondence in the Summer 1998 edition).
- 1998: T Holliday, AJ Lawrance, & TP Davis. "Engine mapping experiments: a two-stage regression approach". Technometrics, Vol. 40 #2, pages120-126.
- 1998: TP Davis & NR Draper. "Fitting third order terms in Box-Behnken experiments". University of Wisconsin, Department of Statistics, Technical Report #990.
- 1996: T Holliday, AJ Lawrance, & TP Davis. "A non-linear two-stage approach to engine mapping". Proceedings of the 11'th International Workshop on Statistical Modelling, Orvieto, Italy, pp208-215.
- 1996: TP Davis, DM Grove, NR Draper, & L Pozueta. "A note on the 3^(4-1) design". Unpublished.
- 1995: TP Davis & NR Draper. "A note on 3-level remnant designs". University of Wisconsin, Department of Statistics, Technical Report #954.
- 1995: TP Davis. "An analysis of an experiment aimed at improving the reliability of transmission centre shafts" Lifetime Data Analysis, Vol. 1, pages 275-306.
- 1995: AJ Combes & TP Davis. "Pictures from data: making good statistical analysis accessible". In Total Quality Management; proceedings of the First World Congress, Edited by Gopal Kanji, Chapman & Hall.
- 1994: L Pozueta, DM Grove, TP Davis & NR Draper. "Isolation of degrees of freedom for Box-Behnken designs (Part 2)". University of Wisconsin, Department of Statistics, Technical Report, #912.
- 1994: T.P. Davis. "Reliability and robustness engineering: a technical overview". In Reliability and robust design, Ford 2000 conference on integration of quality methods, pages 12-42.
- 1994: NR Draper, TP Davis, L Pozueta, & DM Grove. "Isolation of degrees of freedom for Box-Behnken designs". Technometrics, Vol. 36, pages 283-291.
- 1993: NR Draper, TP Davis, L Pozueta, & DM Grove. "Isolation of degrees of freedom for Box-Behnken designs (Part 1)". University of Wisconsin, Department of Statistics, Technical Report, #911.
- 1992: DM Grove and TP Davis. Engineering, Quality, and Experimental Design, Longman Scientific and Technical, Harlow, UK. (re-printed 1995, 1997, & 1998). You can find independent reviews of the book in the journal Technometrics, Vol.35, #4 (Nov. 1993), on pages 454 - 455, and in the Journal of the American Statistical Association, March, 1994, pages 360 - 361.
- 1991: TP Davis. "Statistical methods in quality engineering". In Total quality in the automotive industry: strategies, methods, practices, Conference Proceedings, ATA, Torino, Italy.
- 1991: DM Grove & TP Davis. "Taguchi's idle column method", Technometrics, Vol. 33, pages 349-353.
- 1991: TP Davis. "Competing risk survival analysis - theory and industrial applications". PhD. Thesis, University of Birmingham, UK.
- 1989: TP Davis & G Basnett. "An experiment on a welding process". The Professional Statistician, Vol. 8, pages 10-12.
- 1989: TP Davis & AJ Lawrance. "The likelihood for competing risk survival analysis". Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Vol. 16, pages 23-28.